Marshview Bible Camp is a beautiful fifty acre located near historic Midway, Georgia. It is a quiet place nestled among majestic, Spanish moss covered live oak trees overlooking a salt marsh.
Our primary purpose is to exalt & glorify our soon-coming Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ by proclaiming His gospel and encouraging others along in their walk with Him. In order to live out these purposes, we hold several weeks of summer camp for a wide range of children's ages as well as other events and activities throughout the year. One visit and you will be addicted to the fresh breezes, stunning sunsets, and peaceful surroundings all reminding us of how much our Saviour loves us and wants to give us peace and joy in our lives through a with Him. In a world full of broken homes, hearts, and promises, the Lord Jesus is the only one who offers a lasting hope, peace, and joy through a personal relationship with Him. If you desire to know more about this relationship or simply would like more information about the camp, please contact us or come visit us!
Marshview Bible Camp Doctrinal Statements
1. We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the verbal plenary word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin, Mary. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into Heaven, and is now at the right hand of the majesty on high as our high Priest and advocate.
4. We believe that the present ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for Godly living and service.
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God, sinned by choice, which resulted in spiritual death, that the sin of Adam is imputed to all men, Jesus Christ excepted, that man is totally depraved and incapable of attaining eternal life apart from faith in the completed work of Christ, and without such faith shall be eternally condemned to a state of conscious punishment.
6. We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and his resurrection provide the only ground for salvation and justification for all who believe and only such as receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become eternally the children of God, and may have full assurance of their salvation.
7. We believe in the personal imminent return of Christ for His Church and the physical resurrection of the saved and unsaved.
Marshview Bible Camp was started by Thomas J. Taylor in 1983. Construction soon began and by 1990, the first official Day Camp was held. Please read more about the history of the camp in Mr. Tayor's own words by clicking the following link: